|Time for OWS to go home and Occupy Living Room.|
A month ago, I wrote about the OWS gang and asked, "What is their objective?" I've gone over their website again and the only objective I can see is for them to keep organizing. There is no call for a specific action. And that is sad because they do have a point.
Corporate greed has done a lot of damage to our economy. I can give you several things the OWS crowd should be calling for:
- Hank Paulson - former Treasury Secretary - should be investigated regarding the secret meeting he had with Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers and three other large brokerage firms and how he allowed them to leverage 20 to 1, instead of the usual 10 to 1.
- Angelo Mozilo - former CEO of Country Wide Mortgage - should be indicted and sent to prison, just like Bernie Madoff for giving out mortgages to unqualified buyers.
- Fannie Mae and Freddi Mac should be investigated for their corrupt lending policies that helped create the housing bubble.
- Any corporation who outsourced 10% or more of their jobs overseas should be investigated to see what incentives were offered for their actions and determine how we can prevent large chunks of jobs being shipped to other countries.
- Action needs to be taken against China for manipulating their currency and creating an unfair trade imbalance.
If you destroy Wall Street as a whole, then no one will have jobs. For some reason that thought flies right over the OWS heads like a Frisbee on a sunny Sunday in Central Park.
Capitalism is what made this country great. Is it fair? No. The hardest working, brightest minds learn it and use it to their advantage. Those that mastered it built railroads, airlines, military supplies, consumer products, computers, software - everything that is considered part of America - and they got filthy rich doing it. They created all the jobs that everyone is mad are being shipped overseas. You can't bite the hand that feeds you, even if the rations are getting smaller.
On the other hand, globalization not Wall Street is the main culprit. Labor is a commodity. It goes to the lowest bidder. Third world countries and China are now the labor of the world. America has to become the brains of the show, like we used to be.
We need to focus on education. We need to become the best and the brightest again. Research and innovation is what will bring us to the top of the global markets.
The "Occupy" movements on the right and left coasts should take a lesson from the people of Missouri. They didn't clean up Joplin by yelling and marching around the wreckage. They came up with a plan, took action and worked on rebuilding. OWS has no plan. So, Occupy Coffee Shop until you come up with one and then we'll see if we'll listen to your second CD (Civil Disobedience).
Right now, OWS is their own worst enemy. A month ago, 86% of Americans were OK with them protesting, as long as it was peaceful. But now communities are seeing a strain put on law enforcement - who should be out chasing criminals - service crews - who should be out cleaning up the rest of the city and sanitation - who should be cleaning port-a-potties and not power washing feces and urine from "Occupy" camp. Dudes, you need a plan.
If OWS still can't come up with a plan, how about Occupy NBA... there's a bunch of overpaid freaks (players and owners) who need to take a reality check on compensation and how the teams share funds. I can barely afford to park at an NBA game, let alone get in the building.
Yes, it's time to go home for Occupy Wall Street (#OWS) and Occupy The Couch until they come up with an objective.
Occupy Wall Street ( #OWS ) - What Is The Objective?
Best of My Funny Blog Posts
One-Click Follow on:
If you enjoyed this article, share it with friends using the buttons below. Bookmark this site. Comments are welcome.