|Acts bent over backwards to get to Hollywood for AGT.|
Coming from the Planet Hollywood Hotel and Resort in Las Vegas, AGT judges Howie Mandel, Sharon Osbourne and Piers Morgan had six categories of acts to review and decide who would go on and who would go home.
Following are the categories and who went on to Hollywood. I was able to account for 15 of the 17 finalists. If you spot someone I missed, add them to the comments section, below.
- Magicians - Landon Swank and Seth Grabel, even though Seth had a mess-up with his act.
- Kids - Avery and the Calico Hearts, SH'Boss Boys and singer Monet.
- Danger Acts - Smage Brothers and their motorcycles, Sandou Trio with their Russian Bar acrobatics
- Dance Acts - Purrfect Angels (this is where I think I'm missing one of the groups). A surprise qualifier for Hollywood - the wild and energetic Sam B. - Piers keeps telling him to get a larger shirt to cover his belly.
- Novelty Acts - Yo-Yo man (and this is the other act I'm missing). But Leonid The Magnificent - a drag queen that has auditioned three times for AGT was sent home - Piers commented, "I hope the Leonid experiment is finally over."
- Male Singers - this group produced the most qualifiers - Mauricio Herrera and his cheesy singing, Daniel Joseph Baker with his "snap" attitude, Dylan Andre and Taylor Davis.
Don't forget, YouTube voting is open until July 8 at 9 pm ET. For YouTube voting click here or use the link at the end of this article. There are twenty acts on YouTube that the AGT team has selected for a shot at the $1 Million prize and a headlining show in Las Vegas.
I had an interesting experience preparing for this post. America's Got Talent was bumped, locally, last night by the Cleveland Indians - New York Yankees game on NBC (Indians won 5-3 - Go Tribe!) So, I had to watch the show on the NBC/AGT website. You get through the show quicker, but you cannot avoid commercials. At every regular commercial break in the show, there is a mandatory 30 second commercial that plays and you can only mute it. You have to wait 30 seconds, no matter what.
However, the website provides videos of all of the auditions and a rich photo album of the various acts. If you cannot get enough of America's Got Talent, check out the NBC/AGT Site.
I've already been following AGT on Twitter @nbcagt and there was an interesting tweet by Piers Morgan. Look closely at the hashtag (#) that Piers used:
Piers was referring to a photo that was taken of him during the AGT Las Vegas auditions...
|Piers Morgan and the Little People he LOVES so much.|
One final thought, or should I say, a query. Do you think a child act can win America's Got Talent? This site was linked up on a British chat board and I followed the link to a commentary that was about Jackie Evancho getting snubbed last year. Supposedly, there were votes missing and "Vegas didn't want a kid performing there." What do you think? Does a talented child act make for a headlining act in Las Vegas? Enter your comments below.
Not winning AGT didn't really hurt Evancho. Her first album went platinum in six weeks. Not what you call a loser.
Now, it's on to Hollywood. Everyone had a great time in Las Vegas on July 6, 2011 auditioning for America's Got Talent - but the results caused tears for those moving on and those going home.
AGT YouTube voting concluded July 9th.
AGT on Twitter
Piers Morgan on Twitter
Howie Mandel on Twitter
Sharon Osbourne on Twitter
America's Got Talent Season 6 - Hollywood #1 -Tuesday, July 12, 2011
America's Got Talent Season 6 - Las Vegas - Wednesday, July 6, 2011
America's Got Talent Season 6 - Las Vegas -Tuesday, July 5, 2011
America's Got Talent Season 6 2011 - AGT Vegas Week Tuesday and Wednesday - July 5 and 6
America's Got Talent 2011 Season 6 - June 29, 2011 - Houston
America's Got Talent Launches Season 6 | AGT Season Guide
Who Will Win America's Got Talent Seaon 5 2010?
Michael Grimm Wins America's Got Talent 2010 Season 5
Best of My Funny Blog Posts
If you enjoyed this article, share it with friends using the buttons below. Bookmark this site. Comments are welcome.